Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Basting Goliath

Oh dear.  After the failure of the Birch basting spray, I'm now pin basting at very small intervals.  To my horror, I found that the extra basting pins I bought are also Birch products ans their finish is quite rough.  I've found a few with small rusted areas (I only bought them a few days ago) and they seem to grab and pull the wool batting, which my other pins don't do.  I've also got a couple of Birch rotary blades and they don't last either - they go blunt much faster than other brands.  Anyone else have these problems with Birch quilting products?

I almost finished basting the quilt, but even with the two new boxes of pins, I've run out again.

Not quite enough pins


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)