Pages

Sunday 8 July 2012

July FMQ Challenge 2012

This month's tutorial was by the talented Angela Walters.  The challenge was to quilt straight lines in the shape of overlapping tiles and use a quilting filler in the main area of the tile.

Here is my challenge piece.  Again, I seem to have dreadful problems with thread breakage using poly wadding and it made no difference when I changed the spool and needle.  I'm not game to show the back of this one - lucky it's destined to be a dog quilt. 

Captive bubbles


Here is my first practice piece.  I don't know what I was thinking when I did this one, although I did have less thread breaks.

The front

The back
Thanks Angela for the interesting tutorial.

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean, you don't know what you were thinking with the first one? I love your little flowers, and stars, and swirlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different desings in each tile, it's great! Great, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the different designs in the tiles looks wonderful. Mind if I borrow that idea? You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)