Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2012

April 2012 FMQ Challenge

Hubby's at a friend's place watching the football, so I finally got to catch up on the April challenge.  April's tutorial was by Don Linn and involved copying a motif onto tulle, stretched on a hoop, and then transferring it to the quilt top.

Here is my attempt.  Sewing on the lines was reasonably successful, but my backtracking is a bit obvious.  I decided to do small pebbles in the spaces of the motif and small stippling around the outside of the motif.  I started off small, but found my hands were cramping, so changed to a slightly larger stipple.  A very basic stipple - oops, I look like a beginner - that's ok, I am a beginner.
Some of the marking pen is still visible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)